Literature Search and EndNote Workshop (MEd Special Ed - Aug 2020 Intake) Online
This workshop is open only to students in the August 2020 intake of the MEd (Special Education) programme.
- Construction of search statements
- Searching EBSCOhost (ERIC) databases for journal articles
- Retrieve full text article (PDF/HTML)
- Other Ways to Obtain Journal Articles Bibliography (EndNote)
- Parts of an EndNote Library
- Cite While You Write
- Adding references to EndNote library
- Manual entry
- Export from databases
- Export from LibDiscover
- Export from Google Scholar
1. Before the start of the workshop, please login to Blackboard and ensure that your student ID and password is valid. You will need to login in order to participate in the hands-on exercises. Please visit NIE Student Services Centre if you have trouble logging in and require further assistance.
2. As this is a hands-on workshop, latecomers will not be admitted to the workshop. The meeting room will open at 6.00pm sharp. Kindly test your video and audio before the start of the workshop here: https://zoom.us/test
3. EndNote X9 must be installed before the start of the workshop. Download and installation instructions can be found here: https://libguides.nie.edu.sg/endnote/ENdownload. Please ensure that the EndNote X9 plugin is also installed in your MS Word application.
4. Please download 4 PDF journal articles. These PDFs will be used for exercises during the workshop.
5. If possible, bring a tablet or your smart phone. Powerpoint slides will be shared and they can be downloaded into these devices at the start of the workshop.
Good to have:
1. Headphone with dedicated microphone.
2. A quiet room without other distractions.
3. Stable internet connection.
Related LibGuide: EndNote by James Wong
- Monday, August 24, 2020
- 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- Time Zone:
- China, Singapore (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.